Customize Your Own Premium Leather Wallet
FREE SHIPPING IN USA ON ALL ORDERS.
$20 flat rate shipping to Canada.
$40 flat rate shipping on all other international orders.
We currently do not ship to South America, Central America or Africa.
(If we have trouble shipping to your country we reserve the right to cancel your order and send you a refund)
Important Note for International Buyers! If you are importing our products into another country (Other than USA) you will be responsible for any Customs Fees, Duties or Taxes that your country charges for import. Our shipping prices are for transport only and do not account for any customs charges that your country imposes on you.
- We are able to offer lower prices because we carry less overhead when making our products in small batches.
- You can expect your purchase to ship within 5 business days of the time you place your order.
- Please let us know how your shipping experience goes. We care about how this turns out for you and we would like your help to make the process better for future customers. Please email your experiences to email@example.com. Thank you.
We offer a lifetime Guarantee to the original purchaser of products made by Rugged Material.
- We guarantee that the materials and construction processes we employ will offer full functionality for the original purchaser's lifetime.
- Part of the charm of leather is that it ages and looks different over time so we do not cover cosmetic issues.
- If there is a problem with your purchase we will do our best to make it right.
- If the problem is our fault we will make it right. If your gear is damaged due to everyday use we will repair or replace it.
- If you come by our products second hand or your firsthand product is damaged due to abuse we can repair it at half the typical repair cost.
Please do not submit your order until you have read the entire Order Process.
Our goal is to provide you with a premium wallet that is tailored exactly to your tastes. Please help us to do this by following the order process instructions completely.
1. Choose the type of wallet you want.
We are currently offering 3 types of wallets for you to customize. The Bifold, The Front Pocket Wallet and The Front Pocket Wallet With ID Window. Please refer to the specific listings of our standard versions to see their benefits and differences.
2. Choose your leather.
The leather you choose will be the foundation for your custom wallet. We currently offer 3 different tannages: Horween Chromexcel, Harness Leather and Raw Vegetable Tanned Leather.
The Chromexcel Leather (CXL) is slightly softer and more pliable than the Harness and Veg. Tan. CXL is luxurious and beautiful. It takes the laser engraving fairly well with the Brown CXL showing the most contrast when engraved.
The Harness leather will be our toughest and longest lasting option. It engraves very well and provides you with a stiff wallet that breaks-in to become a perfectly patina'd and worn everyday carry item.
The Raw Veg. Tanned Leather is for those who want to see a drastic patina and wear happen to their wallet over time. The Raw color eventually transforms from a very light yellow-tan color to a rich golden-caramel brown if it is kept moisturized and exposed to the sun. The Raw Veg. Tan is beautiful and fun but it is the most susceptible to stains and to deformation if it gets soaked, our other leathers are very resilient to water.
3. Choose your Thread Color.
This is a fun option that lets you create neat contrasts or go subtle. Special notes for thread color-
Glow in the dark colors are White in daylight and then show their true color in the dark.
Sand Colored thread is a nice Off-White color that goes well with all our leathers without looking too stark white. We have used this instead of white on all our products that have a contrasting thread color.
4. Upload your Artwork to be Laser Engraved.
This is the most important part to understand. If you do not provide the proper artwork we reserve the right to cancel your order.
- Your artwork must follow ALL of the following rules to be engraved on your wallet:
- All artwork should be Black and White only
- Line Drawings and Lettering are great- Thick lines on line art is best
- Black and White Silhouettes are good. Silhouettes are best if they are kept about 50% black and 50% white. If your entire wallet front is engraved it becomes too weak.
- Photos and Color images cannot be engraved
- Files must be larger than 600 x 600 pixels in order for the engraving to look clean
- The artwork you submit will cover the entire front of your wallet. Please refer to the photo examples in this listing to see how the artwork is placed for each different type of wallet.
- Your file should be 100% ready to be engraved. We do not have graphic designers on hand to redesign your artwork for you so please have it just the way you want it to show up. Once your order is submitted the design is considered finalized. If you have questions please feel free to Live Chat with us or email us BEFORE YOU SUBMIT THE ORDER.
- Please be sure to use an email address and Phone # that you check daily for this order so we can contact you if we have any questions about your wallet.
- All sales are final on customized products. We will not accept returns or exchanges for custom products that you have commissioned.
Rugged Material's Premium Leather Wallets are critically acclaimed and highly sought after. Now you can customize these wallets to your exact tastes or create a personalized gift for the man who appreciates high quality and fine craftsmanship.
When it comes to wallets, we believe that in many ways, less is more. We start with the best leather available and treat it as the star. We've used minimal layers to keep things slim without sacrificing the durability of the structure.
We have refined this design over the last 2 years and are confident enough in it's functionality and endurance, that we have included it in our Lifetime Guarantee. Which is something 99% of wallet makers wouldn't dream of.
Here's a little more info on the Heritage of Horween Leather
The Horween Leather Company has set the standard for the highest quality leathers in the world since 1905. They offer a wide range of tannages from the infamous Genuine Shell Cordovan and the luxurious Chromexcel (the leather we've chosen to use) to Sport Leathers used by Wilson for the NFL and Footwear Leathers used by Wolverine, Allen Edmunds and New Balance. As always, all of their leather is processed on the corner of Elston and Ashland in Chicago, Illinois.
Chromexcel aka "CXL" is a combination tannage giving us the best of the Chrome tanned leather properties along with the best of the vegetable tanned properties. This means its tough like saddle leather but at the same time its supple and luxurious.
This leather is made right. The formula for CXL is about 100 years old. It takes just under a month to tan one of these hides because it undergoes almost 90 different processes. That is true attention to detail!
Horween is an enviornmentally friendly tannery (hard to find these days) in that they treat all the water that leaves the facility after they use it.
- Dimensions- closed lying down 4.625" x 3.25" x .3125" (L x W x H)
- Weight- 2 oz.
- Horween Chromexcel Leathers from Chicago will age beautifully over time
- Available in Dark Brown or Natural Brown
- Silver leaf mountain logo on front
- Will accommodate paper currency 8.75" long
- Fits up to 12 cards (2 cards in each slot)Lifetime Guarantee
- Made in USA