Fisher Space Pen (Bullet)
FREE SHIPPING IN USA ON ALL ORDERS.
$20 flat rate shipping to Canada.
$40 flat rate shipping on all other international orders.
We currently do not ship to South America, Central America or Africa.
(If we have trouble shipping to your country we reserve the right to cancel your order and send you a refund)
Important Note for International Buyers! If you are importing our products into another country (Other than USA) you will be responsible for any Customs Fees, Duties or Taxes that your country charges for import. Our shipping prices are for transport only and do not account for any customs charges that your country imposes on you.
- We are able to offer lower prices because we carry less overhead when making our products in small batches.
- You can expect your purchase to ship within 5 business days of the time you place your order.
- Please let us know how your shipping experience goes. We care about how this turns out for you and we would like your help to make the process better for future customers. Please email your experiences to email@example.com. Thank you.
We offer a lifetime Guarantee to the original purchaser of products made by Rugged Material.
- We guarantee that the materials and construction processes we employ will offer full functionality for the original purchaser's lifetime.
- Part of the charm of leather is that it ages and looks different over time so we do not cover cosmetic issues.
- If there is a problem with your purchase we will do our best to make it right.
- If the problem is our fault we will make it right. If your gear is damaged due to everyday use we will repair or replace it.
- If you come by our products second hand or your firsthand product is damaged due to abuse we can repair it at half the typical repair cost.
This is our favorite pen due to it's compact size, reliability and compatibility with the Ranger Wallet. It writes at any angle, even in Zero Gravity. Simply the most versatile pen ever made. Writes in extreme temperatures from -30F to 250F. Each Fisher Space Pen is precision assembled, hand tested, and carries a lifetime guarantee against all manufacturing defects.
Accessory Bands made to hold this pen to the Ranger Wallet can be found here.
The original Bullet Space Pen was conceived in July of 1948 by Paul Fisher, who was soon machining a new pen design shaped from solid aluminum. This became our first Fisher ball point pen, the #400 Bullet Pen, and arguably the most popular pen of the twentieth century. This pen is now composed of all brass with a chrome finish. Cited as an outstanding example of industrial art, the classic design of the Fisher Bullet Pen has been exhibited for years in the New York Museum of Modern Art. The Bullet's timeless styling has been the topic of many art books and magazine articles. Often imitated but never duplicated, the Fisher Bullet Space Pen continues to be our most popular pen.
The secret behind the unique capabilities of our pens lies in the ink cartridge itself. Our refills are hermetically sealed, pressurized with nitrogen gas, and feature a tungsten carbide ballpoint tip - the same extra hard metal that is used to make armor-piercing ammunition. No longer relying on gravity to write, our pens are able to function at any angle, even upside down! In order to prevent leaks from the gas pressure, our ink has to be thick, thixotropic to be exact. Fisher ink is actually more of a gel than a liquid when it is at rest, with a consistency similar to that of toothpaste. It is only when pressure is applied to the ballpoint that the ink will take on the spreadable properties of a liquid, while still retaining the stickiness needed to adhere to nearly any material.
Facts and History of the Space Pens:
The story of the Space Pen really begins with its inventor, Paul C. Fisher. Before he took to making pens, Paul worked in an airplane propeller factory during World War II. It was there that he gained valuable experience with ball bearings, knowledge that would come in handy down the road for creating ballpoints. He later went on to invent the 'universal refill' ink cartridge, which in turn led him to create the first 'Anti-Gravity' pen, patented in 1966. Although it is a popular misconception that NASA invested millions of dollars developing an anti-gravity writing instrument, the fact of the matter is that Paul had been working on the design for years into the pen's development . Truth be told, in the beginning Fisher didn’t even set out to create a pen specifically for the astronauts; he was simply looking to make a great pen that worked without leaking.
In the end he had developed what he considered to be the perfect pen – a pen with ink that would not be exposed to air, rely on gravity, leak or dry up, and that wrote underwater and in extreme temperatures. His breakthrough happened to be perfectly timed with the space race and he offered the pens to NASA for consideration. Two years of testing later and the Space Pen was approved to accompany the Apollo 7 astronauts into space. Despite the old joke that the Russians solved their anti-gravity writing problem by using pencils, Russian cosmonauts actually began to carry Fisher Space Pens on their missions as well, at about the same time that NASA did.
- Writes at any angle, even in Zero Gravity. Simply the most versatile pen ever made.
- Writes in extreme temperatures from -30F to 250F
- Each Fisher Space Pen is precision assembled, hand tested, and carries a lifetime guarantee against all manufacturing defects